Friday, May 15, 2009

Jody & Anthony: 5/15/09 @ Beckwith Pointe





Beckwith Pointe: The best wedding spot in New York.  Okay, okay, I'm biased... that's where my wife and I got married 12 years ago.  Back in the days when Sal ran the place and there was no rooftop ceremony area.  Sadly, Sal has since passed on, but he still has family running the place.  Performing a wedding at Beckwith is like going home for me.  I know all the staff, I know the whole place, Angel is always there making sure everything goes smoothly.  They know me there also, and they always recommend me.  I end up doing a lot of ceremonies there and I'll be back again in two weeks for another ceremony.  Their gazebo will be waiting.



Tonight I was performing a special ceremony for Jody and Anthony, two great people that really know how to have a good time.  Their personalities shone with exuberance throughout the day.  It was a bit windy for the unity candle, but we made do.  By the end of the ceremony the mother's of the couple were shedding tears, as were more than a few people in the audience.  After the ceremony, as I waited to obtain the signatures for the marriage license, I got a chance to take a few pictures with my Olympus E-3 camera.  Jody and Anthony were having such fun I was privileged to be able to capture some their intimate photo-shoot (pictured above).  Beckwith has such nice areas for photography and Jody and Anthony were ready to pose.  I had a great time with them in the planning of the ceremony and on their day; their love and happiness was infectious.  When I left them, they were definitely ready to party... I'm sure the rest of their night went fabulous.

So always keep in mind, if you want a wedding on the beach but you want to stay in New York, there's a strip of great wedding venues in New Rochelle (Surf Club, VIP Club, Glen Island, etc.).  They all have different appeals, but to me, Beckwith is the place to be.  

Be well!



2 comments:

  1. Anthony Longo oantixo@optonline.netMay 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM

    I just wanted to say I can't thank you enough for doing such a fabulous job on our ceremony! Jody and I were very touched as well as everyone who attended our wedding and you took some fantastic shots with your new camera. Thank you again for making our ceremony so beautiful and giving us a memory that will stand out in our minds for the rest of our lives.
    Sincerely
    Anthony & Jody Longo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning for a special event in White Plains, New York? Looking for a private venue to accommodate and please your guests? Coliseum has a 7500 square foot venue for celebrating enjoyable occasions like a wedding, reception, sweet sixteen, quincinera, Bar Mitzvah, holiday parties, corporate events, social gatherings, reunion or Bat Mitzvah. With 12 years of experience and excellence, we have been hosting a wide array of private events, no matter whether it’s small or big. From the state-of-art audio, visual system, incredible surround sound, lounge furniture to exclusive dining facilities, we have everything to compliment your special events as well as entertain your guests. For immediate assistance on planning an engaging and inviting private party in White Plains, feel free to contact Coliseum at 914-557-3401!

    ReplyDelete