Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Indiana and Nelson: Monteverde 8/16/09



Back for a fourth time this summer to Monteverde, this time for Nelson and Indiana's ceremony.  This was one of my more interesting ceremonies, most definitely.  Indiana is Spanish, so I used some Spanish in the ceremony, and Nelson's background was Jewish, so we incorporated both Hebrew and Yiddish as well.  So for one ceremony we had English, Spanish, Hebrew and Yiddish going on throughout.  But it was great and everyone felt included.  Personally, I love working in different languages (even those that I don't have any background in, such as Dutch and Italian which I've previously done).  I feel bad for my wife though, as I have a tendency to practice while walking around the house for days, working on the pronunciation.  In the end, I know the couples I work with appreciate it and I know Indiana and Nelson did.

It was a beautiful day out and Nelson's brother played flute while the guests were being seated, and just as we were about to begin, in kicked the Spanish guitar music by Shan Kenner.  He kept the music going through the cocktail hour and it was definitely a great vibe.  For some reason, Monteverde seems to fit nicely with classical guitar.  I had a great time with Indiana and Nelson, and the day doesn't seem like it could have gone better.  Everyone laughed and cried and then laughed again, the weather was perfect, the music was great, and Indiana and Nelson were definitely happy and in love.

Now to Yoham, Nathan and Joshua... help Indiana and Nelson fulfill their goals by becoming highly successful and paying for them to sit around and enjoy life.  Come on, boys, is that too much to ask?

Be well,



No comments:

Post a Comment