Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dawn and Kevin: Pleasantdale Chateau 8/29/09


This has been the wedding that I've been waiting for all year.  I do so many weddings every year, but this one was more personal to me.   I've known Dawn since elementary school so of course I was so happy to hear she was engaged.  When I got her email asking me to perform her wedding, I was truly honored.  Meeting with her and her fiance brought back conversations of the past about our childhood days, but it also brought new conversations of the future and the new life Dawn would be starting with Kevin.  Kevin is a great guy with a great personality, and the two of them really click together. 

The Pleasantdale Chateau is a gorgeous venue and everything went off without a hitch.  The grounds are immaculate, the flowers were beautiful, the food was delicious, the music was perfect and of course, the bridal party was stunning.  The Chateau is really exquisite, and this wedding had it all... classical guitar in one room, harp in another, a cello and keyboard combination in yet another room.  No matter where you went there was great music setting the tone and fantastic food as well.


So here's to seeing old friends in the bridal party.  Great to see you Julie, Talia and Stephanie.  Here's to running into Mike and Jeff... and Andrew and Debra (and their beautiful kids Sarah and Hannah).  And of course, here's to Dawn and Kevin!  I'm so glad to have reconnected with you after all these years.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment